What is Wix?
In the world of marketing and digital presence, creating and managing an attractive, functional and easy to manage site is basic.
In this scenario, Wix comes into play, one of the most popular and versatile website creation platforms on the market.
In this entry, we will plunge into the essence of Wix, its history, its advantages and how it compares to other available solutions.
Definition: What is Wix?
Starting with the basics, Wix is an online platform that allows users to create and manage websites intuitively.
All without programming knowledge.
Using a drag and drop-based design system, Wix Democratized Web Design, offering tools to entrepreneurs, small businesses and creative to establish their online presence.
History and Origin of Wix
Wix was founded in 2006 by Avishai Abrahami, Nadav Abrahami and Giora Kaplan.
Its goal was simple: simplify the process of website creation.
Initially launched as a flash -based platform, Wix made a timely transition to HTML5 in 2012.
Responding to market change needs and flash limitations on mobile devices.
Wix in the digital marketing ecosystem
The creation of a site is just the beginning in the universe of digital marketing.
After creating a site, it is essential to attract traffic, convert visitors into customers and keep these customers committed.
For example, you could use Wix to create an online store and at the same time integrate email marketing tools to send a newsletter with special promotions or news to your subscribers.
In addition, by integrating SMS Marketing, you can alert customers about Flash sales or send discount codes directly to their phones.
Main features available on Wix
- Wysiwyg editor: Wix uses an editor “What you see is what you get” (Wysiwyg), which means users can see what the page layout will look like in real-time when editing it.
- Wix ADI: An impressive feature is Wix’s artificial design, which uses artificial intelligence to help users create custom sites based on their answers to some initial questions.
- Applications and Accessories: Wix offers an application market that allows users to install additional features, from a chat to booking tools and more.
- Friendly SEO: Wix provides SEO tools to help websites get a higher classification on search engines.
Advantages of using Wix
- Ease of use: Ideal for beginners and for those who have no experience in design or programming.
- Flexibility: Wide variety of templates and applications to customize the site.
- Updates and Support: Wix is responsible for updates and offer different support tools for their customer.
Considerations when using Wix
Although Wix offers many advantages, there are also some aspects you should consider.
The editor’s flexibility may be overwhelming for some users.
In addition, moving a website out of Wix can be more complicated compared to other platforms.
Conclusion: Is Wix the right solution for you?
fToday’s digital world requires large or small companies to have a solid online presence.
Wix, focusing on ease of use and flexibility, certainly offers a robust solution to many.
However, like any tool, it is essential to evaluate its features and considerations in the context of your business specific needs and objectives.
By integrating strategies such as email marketing and SMS marketing, a website created with Wix will not only be a digital showcase, but a powerful tool for customer interaction and conversion.
In short, Wix is a formidable candidate in the site creation space and deserves consideration in any digital marketing strategy.