Agile marketing. What is agile marketing?
Agile marketing is a compendium of methodologies and tools designed to optimize the processes needed for creating and working with projects, saving costs and reducing the time needed to implement them. To do this, the objective/task is broken down into several smaller tasks, which are joined together to complete the work and finish it optimally.
For this reason, it is necessary to establish a joint effort between all the elements in the equation if the best optimization of the process and the end result is to be achieved.
1. Origin of the term Agile
To understand the concept of Agile Marketing, you need to know what Agile is. In 2001, the CEOs of the leading software companies met in Utah (United States). There, they gathered together the best efficiency practices that they applied in each of their companies, aware that current practices were delaying the delivery of products/services, and thus created the Agile Manifesto.
It is therefore a continuous improvement model that encompasses the areas of planning, continuous development, verification of results and improvement in an agile way. This means that improvement is constant and rapid, reducing delivery times. This concept is based on 4 values and 12 principles.
2. The 4 values of Agile
The 4 values defined in the Agile Manifesto are:
- Individuals and interactions above processes and tools.
- Software working with extensive documentation.
- Collaboration with the customer over contract negotiation.
- Responsiveness to change rather than following a plan.
3. The 12 principles of the Agile Manifesto
The 12 principles described in the Agile Manifesto are:
- Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software.
- We welcome changing requirements, even late in development. Agile processes take advantage of changes to offer the client a competitive advantage.
- We deliver working software frequently, between two weeks and two months, giving preference to the shortest possible timeframe.
- Business people and developers must work together daily throughout the project.
- Build projects around motivated individuals. They need to be given the environment and support they need and entrusted with the execution of the work.
- The most efficient and effective method of conveying information to and within a development team is face-to-face conversation.
- Working software is the primary measure of progress.
- Agile processes promote sustainable development. Developers, managers and users must be able to maintain a constant pace indefinitely.
- Continuous attention to technical excellence and good design enhances agility.
- Simplicity, the art of maximizing the amount of work not done, is essential.
- The best architectures, requirements, and designs emerge from self-organizing teams.
- At regular intervals, the team reflects on how to become more effective, then tunes and adjusts its behavior accordingly.
4. war room team or multidisciplinary work team
As Agile Marketing subdivides tasks into smaller parts and distributes them among team members, team members should be as multidisciplinary as possible, both as a whole and individually.
In addition, there must be good communication between team members and their respective departments. This ensures that marketing in companies can be successful.
This can easily be summed up as follows: the team assigned to each task must be determined enough to tackle and complete the project in the shortest possible time. To do this, they must be provided with the necessary tools and resources in the shortest possible time.