What is a dashboard in digital marketing?
The digital marketing dashboard is a business intelligence tool that visually lets you know the different KPIs or metrics that are related to the achievement of some objective in the digital marketing strategy.
A dashboard is therefore very important for analyzing data and detecting possible problems quickly. It is the summary that, in real time and visually, offers the most important data from our digital marketing actions.
1. Characteristics of a dashboard
As the dashboard’s basic purpose is to provide all the data that will help us keep our digital marketing work under control, its configuration depends on the goals we want to achieve, and there is no dashboard that is valid for all companies.
However, we can list the features that are desirable for any type of dashboard and that, based on them, will allow you to work with a dashboard that is useful for your company:
– Always personalized. The dashboard should only offer KPIs that are really relevant to the process you are working with. One way of knowing what data to collect is to be clear about the questions you want to answer just by looking at the dashboard.
– Visual and easily interpretable. To achieve this, graphic representations of the data should predominate and the colors should serve to enhance the graphics without being distracting.
– Resolutive. The information offered must be capable of enabling us to take action. Otherwise, what it shows us gives us the relevant information to make decisions and improve.
– In real time. Of course, digital marketing actions are constantly evolving and, for the dashboard to be useful, it must offer real-time data on the status of KPIs.
2. What is a dashboard for?
The dashboard offers visibility of the indicators we need to achieve. It doesn’t just show data, but also serves to visualize trends and define actions in our digital marketing strategy (ads, email marketing, social media presence, etc.):
– Have decision-making elements. You’ll know your business development data and can share it with others, which will enable you to make better decisions in the performance of your duties.
– More efficiency. As the dashboard shows everything in an organized and clean space, you can generate data and trend reports without having to go to various places in your CRM or third-party applications.
– Immediate power of reaction. Constant measurement of KPIs allows you to react immediately to problems in achieving KPIs.
– Access to constant improvement. The dashboard allows us to constantly improve and check in real time whether actions are on track or whether any improvements need to be made.