What is design thinking?
Design thinking is a methodology that focuses on generating ideas and practical solutions to complex or unknown problems, using prototypes and product/design tests.
The main objective of design thinking is to create valuable products for customers, all from a perspective based on creative thinking from a design perspective.
1. phases of design thinking
The phases of design thinking vary according to the type of project and the style of the designer who is working with the project. But the phases used in a design thinking process usually range from three to seven. But we can usually find six phases, namely:
– Empathy with users/customers. To get as much information as possible, we must put ourselves in the shoes of our buyer persona (thoughts, needs and concerns), and this will lead us in the right direction.
– Define the current scenario. After identifying the buyer persona’s problem and needs, it’s time to define all the approaches needed to solve them, providing added value.
– Ideate based on assumptions that lead to solutions. All ideas for solutions to the customer’s problem are collected and their feasibility assessed.
– Create a prototype. Without being considered the final or definitive solution to the problem, the prototype is a tangible step towards solving the problem.
– Test mode. With the different solutions proposed, tests are done to determine, in controlled environments, the quality and effectiveness of each prototype. If the tests are conclusive, the update or new product is launched.
2. Usage of design thinking
It is possible to find innovative solutions to problems.
- It is possible to find innovative solutions to problems.
- It is vital for redesigning business processes.
- It supports entrepreneurship and the emergence of startups.
- It leads to the design and development of new products and/or services.
- It provides clarity for creating a business Plan B.
- It is possible to define a medium and short-term business vision.
- It promote simplicity and efficiency above all other values.
- It encourages entrepreneurial leadership.